-Clients Benefit From Over 40 New Features With Another Zero-Downtime Upgrade-
WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA, Wednesday, September 20, 2017 – Cloud Logistics, a leading innovator and provider of next-generation transportation management systems (TMS), completed the third upgrade of 2017 of its award winning TMS. Consistent with every release since the TMS first became generally available, all customers are on the newest version and upgraded with no downtime. 17.2 contains well over 40 new features and enhancements.
Garner Strickland, Logistics Manager for Central Garden and Pet, commented, “This is our sixth upgrade since we started using the Cloud Logistics TMS. All six have been easy, required no work on our part and our planners haven’t missed a beat. Our team is always excited to get the release announcements to see what new features will be available to them soon.”
Investments spanned a wide array of modules in the system, ranging from integration to new workbench features to administrative tools to make implementations faster and configuration easier. Examples of new enhancements include:
- Support for AutoPay Programs – for shippers who prefer to “self-invoice” for freight costs rather than wait until carriers submit invoices electronically. The process also allows for carriers to submit “after-the-fact” accessorials, such as detention, for approval.
- Insurance Exception Management – the TMS will notify transportation users of carriers whose insurance plans are about to expire. Carriers with expired insurance will be deactivated and users will be prevented from tendering loads to them.
- Custom Fuel Indices – for customers who negotiate carrier contracts to utilize a custom fuel index, rather than standard DOE PADDs. This feature will also be valuable as Cloud Logistics expands into other regions where fuel index data is not as readily available for automatic integration and updates.
- Automated User Assignment – rule configuration allows for users to be automatically assigned to shipments as they enter the system. This feature is valuable for both 3PLs to assign brokers to loads as well as for shippers who need to coordinate load ownership by region, business unit, mode, etc.
- Enhanced User Interface – More than a dozen changes to the workbench designed to improve user productivity and satisfaction.
“Customer feedback has been extremely positive thus far,” offered Nathan Sandell, Director of Professional Services for Cloud Logistics. “The 17.2 release offers so many new features, there is something for everyone. This was certainly our largest release so far and may very well be the best.”
Cloud Logistics will be exhibiting at the annual CSCMP EDGE conference in Atlanta, GA September 24-26. Please stop by booth #411 for a live demonstration of the Cloud Logistics TMS solution.
About Cloud Logistics
Cloud Logistics provides the newest generation of transportation logistics solutions for the global supply chain market. Our solutions make the complexities of order collaboration, communication and international transportation management simple and beneficial for companies of any size. The offering includes a patent pending configurable workflow architecture, a unique user experience, customizable alerts, dynamic dashboard widgets, and ad-hoc reporting all delivered in a cloud-based network. Social technology for business allows each person involved with an order or shipment the ability to attach documents, claims photos, and Proof of Delivery (POD) signatures within a private secure community. More information about Cloud Logistics can be found at www.gocloudlogistics.com.