Food shippers have a tall order. They have to ensure perishable items have the right transport and get to their destination on time. Along with that responsibility, the food industry has rules and regulations that change daily and are at times very costly. This makes doing business almost impossible, especially in the areas of transporting and storing perishable products.
With Cloud Logistics, companies vet their own carriers and have top-down visibility into their supply chain, enabling them to ship smarter. The Logistics Activity Stream™ from Cloud Logistics offers real-time ETA updates and up-to-date invoicing that is instantly available after drop-off is complete.
Staying ahead of logistical changes empowers food shippers to provide an end-to-end service that increases productivity and customer satisfaction.
Key Features Include:
- Logistics Activity Stream™ provides real-time visibility of inbound and outbound shipments to ensure your shipments arrive on time, in full
- Carrier Assignment Optimization minimizes shipping costs while accounting for seasonal peaks and valleys to optimize constrained capacity
- Mobile app for GPS-based tracking offers up-to-date shipment info
- Match Pay ensures that the invoices you pay reflect what you tendered
- Easy to use spot quote feature makes sure you can flex up on capacity without drowning in emails